Sunday, August 7, 2011

Last pday!

Family!!!
 
Number one, i love you all so so so so much. Thank you so much for the package and for the tie. It was exactly what I wanted and I'm ahving a hard time nto wearing it every day haha.
 
Two items of business- We now leave Tuesday night from the MTC. same flights times etc. It's just tuesday night now. I"m not sure when I'll get to call. I know I should get to call. like 90 percent sure I'll be able too. We have plenty of time at the airport haha. Item of business number two is they won't let us hook up to computers and send pictures through email while we're in this MTC. idk how it will be in Guate but I'll let you know. I'll try to print some before I go and send them home. Oh item 3, got the letter about insurance from Ryan and signed it and sent it.
 
Anyways, what I've been up to this week.
 
Last Friday was excellent. The package from you all finally came and I loved everything inside. I've realized I have a lot of food now and I am no longer losing weight here, but I'm not gaining so thats good. I've probably lost around 8 pounds or so. My clothes fit well again haha. Our companionship is doing really well in teaching, our teacher couldnt find anywhere we needed to improve at too much, she talks with the other companionships for like twenty minutes during missionary coaching study and can't seem to find anything we need to do much better so ours last about five. Spanish is hard a lot of the time but i'm finally getting the hang of some of it. I also was officially known at this date in time as the Elder who knows how to sew. I've been sewing peoples crap all week because I know how and they don't haha. Pretty funny. I get cupcakes and cookies and all sorts of junk out of it, and they learn how to do it so they can help somebody else. Not a bad deal.
 
Saturday was a wild one. Elder Reeder and I have hit and miss days and this was a big big big miss haha. We didn't get along and teaching wen't awful. He never talks when he's even remotely upset so it's not like I can fix what got him mad. Its like when something goes bad he turns into a shy fifteen year old girl. Anyways. most of the time its good. I'll try not to bag on him haha. I play basketball every day with Elder Folsom. He's going to Honduras. We're like the exact same person except he's an inch taller and fifteen pounds heavier. Love it. We get on the same team and eat other kids for lunch during gym time.
 
Sunday-Sunday is always so legit. I made a joke to one of the branch presidency about speaking in spanish and then he told me "thanks for volunteering" but since I'd already been asked to do the sacrament I think he picked someone else haha. It was a close one. At least at that point I'd have a great excuse for why my 2 minute talk on la Expiacion was awful. Devotional was tonight. Some guy spoke on Love and how God loves us this much, with his hands wide open. I got kind of bored but really liked the comment about God liking what we like. If it matters to us, it matters to God, that's why he's so loving and awesome. Sundays are lame at night. I usualy save mail til the end of the night and read it before I go to sleep but since no mail on sunday=no happy bedtime story. But I had food to enjoy from the family so that was awesome. AFter the devotional we watched the Joseph Smith movie. First time I had seen it. Great movie, and it wasn't corny like the one the week before so I actually got pretty into it.
 
Monday- Fianlly it was august! I didn't feel sleepy today either so that was awesome. first time that has happened. Since Hno. Kruegers longboarding, cracked skull, wack freak accident happened last thursday it's just been Hna. Ellsworth. We got a new teacher fresh off his mission. He looks brand new and told us not to ask him if he'd talked to girls yet because he hadn't haha. He taught me some stuff about how to learn spanish better adn how to make more effective notecards and stuff. He then gave me more good advice one on one and really helped lift me up from teh Spanish rut i've been in.
 
Tuesday- Tuesdays are extra bomb too. TRC. We taught Joanna and that went decently well. Some guys in our district got like a 90 year old lady who fell asleep twice in their lesson to be baptized. I have no idea how that happened. Hilarious though. Oh! haha and we got haircuts, I was super nervous to let these ladies touch my hair. I'm very very very picky. The lady who cut it was super nice and since I wore my glasses that day I couldn't see if she was screwing up while she cut it. While its a tad shorter than usual. Which I didn't even think they'd do. I love it, it feels good and I'll need to keep it short when I get to guatemala or i'm gonna lose it haha. We foudn out that the computer hooked to the plasma in our room will play Mormon messages from LDS.org. We had al ittle movie party while studying Spanish. Devotional tonight- Gerald N. Lund. Yeah the guy who wrote the work and the glory books and stuff. Way too deep for me, but faith is good and needs to be exercised or something haha.
 
Wednesday- Not too darn bad! We talked about cars before bed with the kdis in our room from the other district. I finally felt like I could have some fun haha. I miss driving like crazy. Not driving like crazy but driving, like crazy. Not much to say about to day other than our lesson went well. I realized I know a lot more spanish than I give myself credit for, and that I can do this.
 
Today- Pday, Temple is always greeat, relax and feel peaceful. search for some answers. I also snuck in a nap between writin gletters.
 
So between sewing the stupid little tie holder things back on to ties and learning spanish i stay pretty busy. I love the letters I get from you all each week. THey are so supportive and I love knowing what is going on in everyones lives. Thanks to any friends than end up reading this for their letters too. Keep them coming please!!
 
oh! tell lex its "lo que dice el"
she'll know what i mean haha
 
remember i leave tuessday night now. so i hope i don't call while anyone is at mutual hahaha. I'll either call before we leave salt lake, or from LA. during layover time. the times i gave  you last week are still correct. Salt lake is salt lake time. LA is LA time (pacific) if that makes sense.
 
Anyways, wish I had more time. Next time I email I'll be in Guate!!! I love you all, I'm so glad I did this and i'm thank ful for all of your support. This is a wonderful work.
 
Love and miss you,
 
 
Elder Brock Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment